Thread: omg banned yes!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006

twas not me, however this does give me an oppurtunity to make a point. It is not always possible to take a demo of a hacker, when i see a hacker my first thought is ban him before he leaves. Especialy with the lower lvl admins who wear there pd tag. If a hacker is in game hacking and they see [pd] sosandso has joined the game chances are they will leave before a ban can be effectively executed. However, if i ban someone, and i do not have a demo of them hacking, they are reinstated. I understand that it is possible for an admin to think someone is hacking and ban them, when really the player just got lucky, or is just very good, and maybe a second or third opinion is needed before banning. However i think that having to take a demo of someone before you ban them is a little silly for an admin. The reason an admin should be chosen is because they are seen as trustworthy. If a player feels that a mistake has been made and they challenge the ban on the forums then the banning admin should definately have to make some sort of statement or response, and a demo is indefinite proof of a hacker, however i dont think it should be required.