Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Counter-Strike Source [65.58.242.21:27015] > Counter-Strike Source Discussion » Awps...

Old 04-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperK
yeah the 1.6 server was also 24-7 militia and as we wintnessed it was a complete failure...so my point is that this isn't 1.6 so u can't compare the game and yes 80% of our regulars use awp so there for limiting it and restricting it will diffentaly effect out population as well as skill lvl of the game..

I didn't admin whs server, i admined a different server that was 24/7 militia and when we limited the awps to 2 per team THE POPULATIOn didnt change. Theres not that many regulars on the server that awp alot. Mosly i think your just not wanting to come on the server and not being able awp. 2 per team on a 24 server is fair awpers are happy and the for the most part ppl are hapier then haveing more then2 awps. Higher admins should vote on it.. theres no way its going to kill the server popuation... if you want to awp just awp that badly go on a awp server. IT WILL NOT affect the server popuation, ppl geting pissed at awps > awpers. End of decusion..
Old 04-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperK
yeah the 1.6 server was also 24-7 militia and as we wintnessed it was a complete failure...so my point is that this isn't 1.6 so u can't compare the game and yes 80% of our regulars use awp so there for limiting it and restricting it will diffentaly effect out population as well as skill lvl of the game..
you know sniper....i think your pretty full of yourself. Feel free to make any argument you want, i have no problem with that, but you dont have to do it with a sense of superiority. Now i understand that you may not be trying to convey this message, but whether you mean to or not you are. As for the topic of restricting the awp i think it is a good idea. 2 awps per team is perfectly fair. That "estimated" 80% of regulars probably only amounts to about 8-10 people anyways, and i highly doubt that if theyre regulars on the server they will stop playing here just because the awp has been restricted, and in the event that they do id put money on it that new regulars come because they like the restriction of the awp. Now you do have a point with the fact that the server went down hill last time we changed it around, but its not like we cant change it back if it doesnt turn out the way we want.
Old 04-15-2006
Gordon Freeman

that is a very true and valid statement..except the point that i'm full of my self.reason y i argueing is not because of what u think.reason being i am a awp whoire and i would be very upset if i let a noob have an awp and i was left with out 1...u guys may take me as an imapottymouth but i'm not..i'm just putting down my arguement with valid points..thats all

Last edited by HmniQ : 04-16-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2006
Gordon Freeman

also the only people that cry about awp is the ones that arent good at it...good ole host on the other hand also enjoys the awp very much..there for he will not complaine..but i have noticed the only ones that cry are the only ones that arent good with it..
Old 04-15-2006

not to toot my own horn or anything, but im not too shabby with an awp. I dont use it very much though, because i think playing with rifles is more fun. When the whole server is overpowered with awps its not the same game anymore. Besides just because the awp is gone doesnt mean you cant snipe. I usualy use the scout when i snipe anyways. It takes more skill to use and its so much more satisfying nailing someone with the scout than the one hit auto kill awp.

P.S. Why do we call it the awp? Isnt it the arctic warfare magnum? Where does the p come from?
Old 04-16-2006
Gordon Freeman

true true but i also like realizm wuts the point of snipeing someone if u can't kill them with 1 shot...1 shot 1 kill or 2 kills if ur leet like me....hahhahaah but no doupt also useing awp gets borings dats y i leave or do mp5 rushes
Old 04-16-2006

what are you guys arguing about stupid stuff like that. We are here to admin the server and point out stuff that might need improvement on the server, you guys don't need to go off on each other. All you need to do is put your suggestion here and let the higher authorities decide wether or not it will be a good idea to restrict the awp. Personally i like to awp, that's what i do and i do that because i have fun doing that, other people might not like it, ie JELLY, however that's your prerogative, you like to snipe with scout fine. Yea i see hella awpers on the server and i like that because its fun dualing awp vs awp especially when there good awpers and that surely doesn't mean that you can't kill awpers with any other guns. I see few complaints about awping on the server... yes FEW complaints but i do see them and i agree with sniperk that people that generally complain are the ones that aren't doing so well with the gun or the game itself and typically are the ones that call better players "hackers" and im not saying at all that we shouldn't restrict the awp, not my decision to make but i think the game right now is fine, we got plenty of people that are ENJOYING the server and the game on the pd server.
Old 04-18-2006

Send a message via AIM to chrisharper23 Send a message via Yahoo to chrisharper23

I play all the time, and I have to agree with both sides, yeah its getting out of hand because now the T's are not the only one spawn camping, you're starting to see CT spawn campers with Awps.

But then I agree that awps are part of the game whether people like it or not. And people have to remember there are ways around awpers. People just need to buy their **** quicker and JUMP by the double doors on CT, and Jump by at T spawn.

I know my opinion is not like a deciding factor, but as a player this was my 2cents.

I was transformer_fan but i joined a clan and now Im »Þ« Ғϊязگŧāŗţëř

I think that by people leaving the server show's they're not true CSS players. They have to get use to it if they wanna play in CAL.

I say work on the lag issue before even touching the AWP problems. lmao
Pentium D 830 3.0 Oc'd 3.6ghz | 961mhz FSB | 4x512MB DDR2 533mhz 4200 dual channel| MSI 7800GTX OC'd 522/1440 | Asus P5LD2 | 36GB Raptor | 160GB WD | 250GB WD | Big Typhoon HSF | XG Dragon | 3dmark05-8246 3dmark06-5037
Old 04-18-2006

i agree 100% with "chris" about the lag, but i think we have already talked about that issue amongst everyone and we know what we have to come up with to get the server to have less lag ($$$$$$) hehe
Old 04-18-2006
Gordon Freeman

yup agreeed with chris