Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Counter-Strike Source [65.58.242.21:27015] > Counter-Strike Source Discussion » Awps...

Old 04-26-2006

Send a message via AIM to chrisharper23 Send a message via Yahoo to chrisharper23

Yeah they have to stay, I mean You wouldn't take the suit away from the Mater Chief in Halo MP would you???

But Host what if it was kinda like DOD:S where there are a certain amount of awps that can be bought? ( DOD uses classes though but ya know what I mean) I love being the sniper in DOD:S but the servers i play they are first ones to fill up.

3 per team?

1 awp for A, 1 awp for B and one awp for Middle. Teams might work together more, i dunno, no one ever really wants to work together.

Lets face it there are a lot of players who only awp which is cool, you get good with a gun hey Im all for it. So if they die or all awps are full it makes them play like everyone else. IMO you wouldn't see an awp lying on the ground anywhere, lol. Hell I've seen 6-8 awps lying in same place, lol.

Just an idea, I know its been suggested before, but I would be cool to limiting awps. At least lets try something different and if we don't get good responses we can switch back.
Pentium D 830 3.0 Oc'd 3.6ghz | 961mhz FSB | 4x512MB DDR2 533mhz 4200 dual channel| MSI 7800GTX OC'd 522/1440 | Asus P5LD2 | 36GB Raptor | 160GB WD | 250GB WD | Big Typhoon HSF | XG Dragon | 3dmark05-8246 3dmark06-5037
Old 05-10-2006
Sand Dweller

The problem with awps is that they are both noob and professional-simultaneously

A noob can kill another noob or an O.K. player. but a good awper like sniperk can kill an entire team. If the noob is killed, they probably won't have enough to buy another one even if they killed 1-2 ppl. if a good sniper is killed by a mp5 rush, they usually can afford it and keep it long enough to make enough money to get another one if they die. also, good snipers usually suck with semi-autos, rifles, etc. I think that steam should creat a sniper training program-and remove the awp. Scouting is so much more rewarding. And harder
Old 05-10-2006
Sand Dweller

Default Awps

The problem with awps in the game is they make it realistic when running with one, you can't run worth a damn with it the thing weigh allot, for instance the Marine Corp M40A3 weighs about 20 lbs, your not likely to jump around looking through the scope and hit the broad side of a barn with it, and that is were steam lost it, they took that realism away. I used quit a few weapons during my military days, and watching people in the game with the awps is not right. Jump to the side, hit the crouch key, bang your dead.

People have just adapted to the key strokes to cheat the system.
Old 05-20-2006
Sand Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing For Bullets
The problem with awps in the game is they make it realistic when running with one, you can't run worth a damn with it the thing weigh allot, for instance the Marine Corp M40A3 weighs about 20 lbs, your not likely to jump around looking through the scope and hit the broad side of a barn with it, and that is were steam lost it, they took that realism away. I used quit a few weapons during my military days, and watching people in the game with the awps is not right. Jump to the side, hit the crouch key, bang your dead.

People have just adapted to the key strokes to cheat the system.
Speaking of the military, I know for a fact that the army wouldn't send a bunch of unogniszed ct's to combat terrorists. We would usually have a plan, and go in slow and sweep the area. Throw flashbangs first so they were disoriented, before they got arrested. also used tear gas.
Old 05-20-2006
Gordon Freeman

crazy ur gonna be my next best friend if ukeep sucking up 2 me
Old 05-22-2006
Sand Dweller

Point taken, but you wouldn't send in a sniper carrying a semi-cannon jumping side-to-side like he was in an aerobics class to place them in cuffs either. lol

My point is, steam has gone to great lengths making the game realistic. It's still just a game, but in my opinion the attempt to eliminate cheats in game is false when they left one embedded in the game allowing people to jump sideways and pressing the crouch key to aim accurately. Granted you can do that with all weapons, but all other weapons don't equal a kill except for a hs with one shot.

Don't get me wrong, I believe awps have a place in the game. Weapons are designed for specific purposes, some to be used while moving, others to be used while standing or crouching (No Movement). My hat goes off to those that can do it, I'm amazed at the skill it takes to achieve this. Don't take it personal I have fun playing with you guys and enjoy your in-game company.

All I ask is that you take it easy on this old man.

Last edited by Fishing For Bullets : 05-22-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2006
Sand Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperK
crazy ur gonna be my next best friend if ukeep sucking up 2 me
omg u R sooo kewl lololollolol