View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006

I did a tracert when I started laging nothing came up as timeout 9ms on the list. My isp told me its not spouse to lag no matter how many people are on at a time.
This whole lag thing is driving me nuts, I've noticed now that when ever server on the game list ping shoots up and the internet is slugish I go do a internet speed test on 2 different websites. My connection was uped to 3mb from 256kps(i think) just a few days ago. This lag spikes have been a problem before I changed it also the tests show the speed droping and its 1mb or more, when its not droping everthing is going fine.

So the isp has a log on all the speeds ect.. they say its all the same and everthign is fine on there end and its my router or my cable modem laging because of the upgrade. I'm going to try to use a different cable modem in theory that should determine if its the cable modem thats causeing all this.

Thanks for the info, my knowledge on some of this stuff is very low. Maybe when i get out of college i can start learning this things like the tracert.

Worst comes to worse.. when i get fid up of this lag crap.. i switch isps, the 2nd big isp company that is in my area already put a highspeed line to my house just incase i switch.

ok.. after a bit of thinking im just going to go to the isp get a different cable modem see if that fixes it.. since it shows there sending 3mb or better, but on my tests its showing that or lower.. unless im a complete moron

PD Gaming Database Error
Database Error Database error
The PD Gaming database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.pdgaming.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.pdgaming.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.