View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006

Default Lag question router/cable modem.

For the past week my internet ping in game at night has shot up to 400 300 ect, even on servers i was geting 30 ping during the day and not just css tfc but doom3 ect. Now I just had some of my isp tech guys (since they came when i was at college I couldnt talk to them) from what i know they just checked some stuff out like the speed recieved ect. Now the question, If it lags doesnt change between the computer being connected to the router or to the cable modem is it the router thats at fault? Currently since tuesday the router has stoped working completely. The "tech" guy thinks its the router and fail to attempt to answer me why its laging on a direct or routed connection... I checked both to seperately to see if it was the router :\. I thought well if its laging on both connections its not the router, now i have no damn idea. Figured i would just post this here for a quick response and not bother with the isp...again.

Yes I checked it into being the firewall, but during the day i get great connection the internet is fast then later in the night bam high ass lag.

PD Gaming Database Error
Database Error Database error
The PD Gaming database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.pdgaming.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.pdgaming.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.